Online Casino Roulette - Spin the Wheel to Win Real Cash
Through the centuries, few games have matched the allure and intrigue that surround the table game of roulette. After its creation in the 18th century in France, roulette promptly made its way around Europe and America where it featured in popular land-based casinos. Today, online casino roulette makes it possible for millions of players to win real cash at virtual tables.
While movies and television have immortalised this internationally renowned table game in exclusive casino destinations like Monte Carlo, it can be enjoyed on every continent thanks to online casinos. Roulette has also proven to be a favourite in Canada, which is why we've compiled a list of the top Canadian online casino roulette hotspots - making it much easier for you to pick the perfect place to play.
How to Play Roulette Online
Once you've chosen a Canadian online casino to play roulette at, there are a few things to note before placing a real money bet and hopefully winning some welcome CA$. Each casino will provide you with a range of roulette games to choose from. It would be advised to familiarise yourself with the differences below before making your selection. Once you've picked a table, place your selection of chips on the virtual table and click to spin. With a little luck, the ball will land in your favour and you'll pocket a real cash payout. Also, be sure to check out our top rated live dealer roulette sites, which are great fun, allowing you to speak to and see a real casino dealer whilst you play.
Different Online Casino Roulette Tables
- European Roulette: You'll find 37 numbers displayed on the wheel of this table game, including the numbers 1 - 36 and also a single 0.
- French Roulette: This game is very similar to European Roulette with the same numbers on the wheel. It also offers the "la partage" rule, which will create more suspense and add excitement when the ball lands on zero.
- American Roulette: Aside from numbers 1 - 36 and 0, this game has an added number on the wheel, the 00. So altogether there'll be 38 numbers on the wheel, putting the odds ever so slightly more in the casino's favour.
Online Casino Roulette Betting Options
Canadian casino online roulette is ultimately a game of luck. But by implementing some clever betting strategies, you can make your bankroll last a lot longer. There are two main types of bets you can place, namely:
- Inside Bets: This type of bet lets you choose a single number or a small group of numbers. As a result, your odds of winning might be smaller, but your payout if you win, will be more than worth playing for. Examples of inside bets include the straight up bet (on a single number), split bet (on two adjacent numbers), street bet (on three numbers in a row), square bet (on a block of four numbers) and the line bet (on six numbers appearing in two adjacent rows).
- Outside Bets: This bet type might offers smaller payouts, but your odds of hitting them are higher. Examples of outside bets include the column bet (on a vertical column of numbers), dozen bet (first 12, second 12 or third 12 numbers) and even-money bets like black or red, odds or evens and halves (1 to 18 or 19 to 36).
Need more reasons to play online casino roulette in Canada rather than the land-based version? Firstly, you don't have to deal with crowded tables and noisy players, secondly, you can play at your own pace and thirdly, you'll have more tables to choose from. Simply take your pick from our line-up of top Canadian online casinos. Roulette might just be your lucky game!